Friday, July 9, 2010

Handmade Leather Grips

On my cruiser I had cork grips, which I loved very dear. Then one day while picking up something in a store, the wind blew my bike over. This smashed my grips, totaling them into little cork bits. So rather than get new cork grips and possibly have this happen again, I desided to construct leather ones. I started with some heavy tooling leather I have kicking around, measured the bar circumference and made it a touch smaller. I cut and stitched it up and soaked the grip then slipped it over a old set of bars I have to dry and stretch/tighten. Then the next day used some white glue as lube and slipped them on my bike. I plan to leave it to dry for a day then put some Brooks Proofide on, to condition them. Should look nice.




No comments:

Post a Comment